This course is designed for proficient, experienced pistol shooters who want to significantly enhance their marksmanship accuracy and speed for tactical, defensive or competitive application. It includes shooting from the draw, shooting on the move, target transitions, multiple target engagements, shooting from retention and behind cover, shooting in and around vehicles, tactical reloads and malfunction drills.
Course Objective: The student will gain a high level of tactical proficiency, accuracy and confidence with the semi-automatic pistol.
- Diagnostic shooting evaluation
- Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- The draw and proper presentation to the target
- Tactical use of the prone, kneeling, and standing positions
- Multiple shots and multiple targets
- Shooting on the move (laterally/straight on)
- Firing from retention
- Shooting from behind barricades and covered positions
- Shooting from inside and around vehicles
- Training methodology and drills
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 1000 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of a KMTU Level I Pistol (or equivalent course)
- Active Law Enforcement or Military
Training schedule: Show time is 7:45 am, each day, with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 5 magazines
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hour lunch break)
Course includes: 16 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.